Big Damn Geekery: The ten-year anniversary of the debut of Joss Whedon’s cult-hit Firefly is coming up on September 20th, 2012. Despite the fact that in 2005, the one-season series got itself a high-budget film, Firefly made it’s way through geek and popular culture as a reminder on par with Arrested Development that sometimes the world (and by that we mean FOX) just isn’t ready for greatness.
With a fanbase that is legion, craft websites such as etsy.com have hundreds upon hundreds of fan-made geekery that can be worn with that special Browncoat pride.
- Browncoat Insignia Iron-On Patch ($6)
- ‘Keep Flying and Stay Shiny’ Shirt (£14)
- “Curse Your Sudden But Inevitable Betrayal” Necklace [with dinosaur charm] ($21.95)
- Kaylee-Inspired Earrings [with wrench, teddy bear & strawberries] ($20)
- “Big Damn Hero” Super-Hoodie (£23)
- Jayne Cobb’s Cunning Hat Charm Earrings ($10)
I want a big damn hero hoodie.
I just totally bought that necklace.
I was just totally failed to buy that necklace because you already did. I just wish there was a relevant clever line I could use to express my frustration with that outcome…